Six years ago today, Keith left his tired, sick, earthly body and traded it for a new one in Glory.
As I look over the past year, I see mostly joy. We miss him, of course, and always will. But, I see mostly joy.
For those of you who are in our lives now but did not know him (and that is quite a few people), let me tell you what we miss about him:
- his love and commitment to his Lord, which was evident in all he did and said
- his love of family, especially his kids
- his wry sense of humor, which always stood out since he was usually rather reserved
- his graciousness as a host in our home and to all he came in contact with
- and, his devotion to service: in our home, at church, and on the job
And, in memory of Keith, I think it rather fitting that we spent the day serving others…the little boys and I at a family funeral, and the big boys at the teen service weekend at our church.
I think Keith would be pleased.