Since being on this widow journey, I have read several books that have given me comfort, and sometimes answers. Here are some of the best I have read. Perhaps some will help you or someone you love as well!
- For the Love of HER Life devotional series by A Widow’s Might (including me!) order here
- A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser (lost wife, mother, and daughter)
- Let Me Grieve But Not Forever by Verdell Davis (lost husband)
- He Said “Press” by Patti McCarthy Broderick (lost husband)
- A Tempered Faith by Jennifer Sands (lost husband)
- From One Widow to Another by Miriam Neff (lost husband)
- Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman (lost daughter)
- I Will Carry You by Angie Smith (lost daughter)
The best source of comfort, strength, joy, and peace is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have read the book of Job several times since the loss of my husband, as well as spending a lot of time in Psalms. If you have not read His Word and gloried in what messages He has there for you, please pick up a Bible as well.
There are also various online resources which are amazing. I have listed my two favorites below: