Ten years ago today, Keith journeyed on ahead of me to our Heavenly Home.
A millennia and a moment–all at the same time.
I don’t expect most of you to understand it all – I am THANKFUL you do not. I would not wish this journey on my worst enemy…
…Yet I would not trade it for all the world.
In the beginning, especially because my guys were so little, I had LOTS of needs. Running a household by yourself is hard – especially as a homeschooling momma.
Today, as I remember, I still have a list of needs…but maybe not what you would think:
- I need you to remember Keith for the awesome man of God that he was…loving husband, devoted father, caring friend, hard worker…I would call him a man after God’s own heart, but he would be highly embarrassed at that.
- I need you to look at my kids and smile when you see something of their dad…I see so much of him in them!
- I need you to hold tightly to your loved ones, appreciating every single moment with them as the gift from God that it is.
- I need you to not take your marriage for granted…not ever…since you don’t know when you might be walking this world alone.
- And…I need you to praise God with me for where I am now, who I am now. By God’s great grace and perfect plan, our family is here in this place, in this time and space…and I am thankful!
I am better for having loved Keith–and better for having lost him. How that happened is a mystery, even to me.
But it is truth…take-it-to-the-bank truth!
And in that, my sweet friends, I can rest…a decade later. Glory!
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. – Ephesians 3:20-21 NASB